Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco CallManager 3.3(3) Speed dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gturrubi

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2003
US
I need to create or modify a speed dil button on the receptionists prhone wich is a 7960 so that the last speed dial button would call up to (4) other people or Directory numbers if she required emergency assistance in the reception area. This way if one person was not available others could respond. Also if it was an emergency, the person causing the would not notice her pressing the speed dial button.

Any clues?

I have never done this before and need either the step by step process to configure this in call manager 3.3(3) or point me to any pertinant documentation.

I also need to configure a helpdesk number on a (7960 phone) to be forwarded to a 7940 phone so that someone can take the calls while the help desk person is out of the office.

Thanks in advance.

I'm also working with CallManager v.3.3.

What you can do is add a shared line for those 4 other people. It depends if the 4 phones you are writing about are 7940 or 7960 phones.

What I would do is add a new extension (for example, 1670) and put it in the phone configurations of each of those 4 users. If they have unconfigured lines, Once you add the same extension number to each of those 4 phones, Cisco CallManager will immediately mark them in red as "Shared Line".

Then you can add this extension # to the speed dial of the receptionist's phone. Whenever this speed dial is pressed, all four of those phones will ring simultaneously.

-Dexter Fabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back