Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Call Manager Unity Centrex Integration with SMDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlestonPhoneGirl

Technical User
Jan 6, 2015
US
I am trying to rid our organization of our old Centrex environment. We are going to a Call Manager and Unity set up at a brand new location. Unfortunately, I have to hold on to our Centrex/SMDI based voicemail system a little longer. We are transitioning to Unity. We have installed an SMDI link at our new location. We have 12 analog lines in UCD Group format to allow the calls coming into the system to hunt.

We have everything successfully installed. The Calls come in to a PIMG unit from the hunt group. You can see the call reaching the PIMG. The Cisco Unity Opening greeting answers. The Called number should be coming through a serial connection that goes between a modem and the master PIMG. We are not getting that data through. Given that the SMDI link provides the calling and called information, I'm starting with AT&T (save me) to help. I need to know if anyone has successfully built out this integration and if they had any trouble with routing like I'm having. I do not want to be down to our cutover date and still not have the calls going to the called number's mailbox. We have AT&T sending 7 digits and our CPID length is set to 7 in the master PIMG settings. Also, I've checked unity for the MWI settings. The MWI port group has MWI enabled. Obviously. Also, under the users' MWI settings, they are set to inherit the users' extensions which are also 7 digits. The serial interface protocol is set to SMDI. I'm at a loss for what it could be if AT&T's link is operating correctly. Can anyone help? This solution is so out of date, but I do not have another option that I know of without buying more equipment.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back