Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Call Manager - Translation Patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysae21

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2008
US
I am having trouble with adding a new translation pattern. I need to direct one number 3087868342 which is in a class_a_css
to a number 7062398341 which is in a default call search... what would be the dial pattern layout for the translation page??? I am lost

I just installed the OS and ccm 4.1(3) on a MCS 7800 series.
I used for booth products keys given on Cisco.com. I configured the Call Manager Administration and Cisco Service Configuration following the step by step on Cisco.com. I configured a DHCP Scope for the IP phones.
Then, when i connect a Cisco IP phone it displays Configuring IP in the screen. Why does my Cisco IP Phone dont get any IP from the DCHP?

Elysae21 not sure if this is still an issue due to age. I have CM4.1 . I appears you are taking a outside number 3087868348 and trying to send it to another outside number 7062398341. I have only been able to do this by taking the incoming number, a DID number and forwarding that to an extension in call manager, then forwarding the extension in call manager to the outside number. hope this helps. Let me know if you have resolved in any other way..thanks

Elysae21 - The Translation Pattern on the top of the screen would read 3087868342 and the Called Party Transformation Mask field would be the 7062398341 number. A couple things to remember is the CSS of the Translation Pattern MUST include the Partition of the 706 number. Now if the 706 number is external to your system, add whatever you need to tell CCM how to route it. If you dial '9' for outside calls, put a '9' in front of the 706 number. If you have to dial '91' due to it being LD then add a '91' in front of it.
Whatever you dial from your phone to go to the 706 number is what you put in the CPTM field.

ciscoccm - Are your phones on the same VLAN as the DHCP server? If not you'll have to add an ip-helper command on your Gateway router pointing to the DHCP server. If they are on the same VLAN, did you add Option 150 in the DHCP scope to tell the phones where your TFTP server is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back