Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Call Manager 4.0 on Generic PC, last steps??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoorda

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
US
I put together a server with 40 GIG hard drive, 1.5 GIG of Ram, Celeron D 2.6 processor.

1. I have installed win 2k and have service pack 4, from a Microsoft CD, not the Cisco CD.

2. I installed MS SQL 2000 from a Microsoft CD.

3. I did the hack no problem.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]
“Hardware”=”MCS7835”
“Memory”=”1024”
“Speed”=”733”

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spirian\System Info\OS Image]
“Version”=”2000.2.6”

4. I downloaded 2000.2.7, .7sr5, .7sr6, .7sr8 from CCO and that took no problem.

5. I put CCM disk 1 in and that runs. It asks for the serial number and then I put all the passwords it. All the passwords I have made the same.

6. It then asks for disk 2. I put that in, it runs for a few minutes then I get the following error.
"Cisco Directory Service - An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed"

7. I click OK, then I get another error that says "Failure occurred during the Cisco Directory installation. Refer to log file C:\Programe files\common files\ Cisco\Directory Integrated Setup.trc for details" (see 2nd error.bmp for visual) There is nothing in the Integrated setup application but there is a log file. I looked that over and didn't see much.

This is as far as I can get. I am building this in VM Ware and have tried on 3 separate occasions and once on the box, non VM ware, starting from scratch and keep running into the same error.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Look through this forum for the correct steps. Don't install SQL or Service Pack 4 from Microsoft. Cisco disks and OS updates will do this for you. On second thought, here it is again. Do not deviate from this! This is for CCM 3.3 or 4.0. If you are installing 4.1, use OS 2000-7 files.
1. Install Windows 2000 Server (Advanced)
2. Install SNMP Management services

3. Apply service pack 3 for windows 2000 server
(on disk)

4.Install IE 6sp1. [you might get errors administering CCM if you don't]
(on disk)

5.Merge HWCHECK.reg into the registry

6.Merge OSCHECK.reg into the registry
7. Run OS Update
a.win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe
8.Reboot
9. Set IP address on server.
10.Install CCM

Hi pndscm,

I am trying to follow the steps that u have mentioned above to install Call manager. I don't know what do u mean by ep 5 and 6 :

5.Merge HWCHECK.reg into the registry

6.Merge OSCHECK.reg into the registry

I am installing CCM on fresh win2000 server and if I follow all of your steps except 5 and six I get following message:

" You are not using cisco approved hardware. You must use cisco approved hardware to install Cisco Call Manager "

Following are my registry hack:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]
“Hardware”=”MCS7835”
“Memory”=”1024”
“Speed”=”733”

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spirian\System Info\OS Image]
“Version”=”2000.2.6”

Please help.
Thanks

Steps 5 and 6 are the Registry hacks that you described except mine have say version 2000.2.5. Are you using the Hardware detection CD? Use only the 2 Installation, Upgrade and Recovery disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back