Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO BGP GURU WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2002
US
Want to hire consultant to make my BGP install work. I have 2 3460 routers with full ram and flash. I have 2 providers. 1 T1 from ATT and 2 T1 from PDT. All I want full fail over between my providers. I have BGP configured but it is not providing fail over. It seems I have all traffic routed though only one of my providers. I need someone who KNOWS how to make this work, with experiance with 3460 and BGP, as I understand that there are some quarks using these routers. This should not be difficult for someone who knows.

If you are this person please contact Elliott Kayne 570-686-2300 ek@onlinecorp.com. No fakers please.

Are you saying that all of your traffic leaves your network and uses only one provider going out, or are you saying that your traffic only comes back in using one provider? (or both?)

These are two separate issues. Can you give us some more details?

Do you have your own AS#? Do you have your own IP Address space?

commsguy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back