Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco auto-register phone tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

travlries

Vendor
Sep 27, 2006
US
I'm trying to get the cisco auto-register phone tool working and integrated with CUCM 7.1.5. Does anyone have any insight on getting this setup? I can't seem to find any good documentation on this.

I was told by my vendor that i need to install CCX 8.0. I installed the IP IVR portion of this in demo mode to try it but can't find anything to configure it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

you talking about TAPS? If so you need ccx installed and the taps application installed on the ccx server. Auto registration only however is part of call manager and do not need ccx.

I found on the new versions of CUCM that the going forward approach is the Linux Appliances for all applications, including TAPs/auto-register phone tool. I've heard TAPs is now being migrated into the CCX server. Still researching this but looking for more info.

I was forwarded the links below from my vendor. I have CCX 8.0 installed. I got the TAPS script installed now after following the second link… however I had to download the TAPS_AAR.aar file from my lab (version 8.0.2.4) because our 7.1.5 production CUCM only has the windows version on the plugin page. It also took a reboot of the CCX server for it to take.

I'm still not sure how to get a call into the system and register phones but I think im on the right track... Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone gotten this to work with version CUCM 7.1.5 and CCX 8.0 or above?

FYI in case anyone else needed the links....

I've had TAPS running under CallManager 4.1.3 etc but never used on the newer deployments. Personally I have found the TDT application (including TAPSlite from the answer to my deployment needs. Works really well. The full TDT application is a monster application (full inventory reporting, deployment and billing engine etc) but i dont think its generally published on the website. Best to drop them aline if thats what you need (sorry I dont have a link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back