Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco ASA 5510 and Arcserve not working together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2005
US
We have a setup where we need to back up some servers and have to go through the router to do so. It's a Cisco ASA 5510 and I believe they are using Arcserve 11.5 software.
I configured the router to allow the backup server access and opened the ports they’re running the software on.
On the router logs, I can see the backup server connect and from the internal network, I can ping that server as well. What I’m sure is happening is that the software is sent to the external IP and hits the router abut once the packet is NATed, it of course doesn’t know where to go from there.
Is there a setting I need to make in the router configuration that will allow the software t get to the appropriate server when sent to the external IP and needs to be received by the internal IP?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back