Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco ASA 5505 behind a Cisco 2811

Status
Not open for further replies.

spags001

MIS
Oct 1, 2010
US
I currently have a small network consisting of a primary cisco 2811 and three vlans which are made up of hp procurve switches. I purchased a cisco 5505 asa for vpn/firewall purposes and would like to setup the router behind the 2811. I wanted to make sure that there might not be any issues in doing so, as all I really want to do is use the 5505 for its vpn/firewall functionality. I assumed just creat a nat translation for the 5505 on the 2811 and then config the VPN on the 5505 from there.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Hi there..

Ok, so currently the 2811 is connected to Procurve's which are handling the VLAN assignments.

1. What is in front of the 2811, or is that just the edge device for your T1 / other circuit?
2. Is there a procurve for each vlan (switch one handles vlan 1, etc)
3. When you say you would like to setup the router behind the 2811, are you referring to the ASA? The 2811 is the router in the example you explained above.
4. What is your licensing model on the ASA, base or security plus.

I'm sure I will have more questions, however without the above I would probably offer poor advice.

Chris Clancy, EnCE CCE

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging
MCITP: Server Administrator

" ... when you can't figure out what the problem is, find out what it isn't.... "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back