Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco AP1100 enhanced security

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoinvip

MIS
Nov 16, 2001
GB
Does anyone have any experience of configuring LEAP or other enhanced security features on a Cisco AP1100?

We want to put this AP on our LAN and use our Windows 2003 server as the authentication server, pull a DHCP address tied to the WLAN MAC address and employ per-packet keying/LEAP etc.. on the link to make it less susceptible to eavesdropping but the config utility is not exactly clear.

I've had a look at the appropriate documents on cisco.com but they don't seem to address my requirements. So, if anyone has any practical experience of this, I'd be glad to hear from them!

Thanks in advance,

HoinviP

Sir,

I have deployed Cisco 1200 Aironet AP's using LEAP authentication. However, you cannot use Microsoft's IAS server as your RADIUS server. Cisco confirmed with me that they are not compatible. I am currently using the internal RADIUS server in the WAP. I am sure there are other RADIUS servers that will work, but they specifically said Microsoft's is not compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back