Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco AP-1131AG

Status
Not open for further replies.

vippadil

Technical User
Feb 4, 2014
MX
Hi to all!!!

I'm trying to configure from the initial setup a Cisco AIR-AP1131AG-A-K9 what i'm trying to do is to generate a simple SSID with WEP or WPA security, i'm very newly un Cisco but i've noticed that i have 4 interfaces, what i did without good result was.

- Enter to the interface dot11Radio 0 (2.4 GHz) and set a SSID, and execute the command "no shut" to enable the interface.
- The same on the dot11Radio 1 (5 GHz), but i can't see the SSID's, i don't have connected the fastethernet interface to nothing, the main problem irs that i can't get visible the ssid, i will be very gratefull if someone can help me.

the ap is new i recently erase the test configuration i've made

Thanks in advance !!!

You need to create the SSID's in global configuration and then add them to each Radio interface:
Code:
dot11 ssid Guest
   mbssid guest-mode
interface Dot11Radio0
 ssid Guest
!
interface Dot11Radio1
 ssid Guest
Its the guest-mode command that enables the SSID to be broadcast.

Andy

Thanks Andy let me try that command i will let you know if is working.

Thanks

Hi Andy that part of the mbssid guest-mode worked thanks, but i got another question, what i'm trying to do is: I have 2 scenarios

First Scenario
Configure Cisco AP with different ssid's but with the same vlan, but i don't really know if there is an option to do this or if i need to create vlans to get this working.

Second Scenario
Configure Cisco AP with differents ssid's but with different vlans but i need to connect this AP to one Hi-Tron modem/router of my home IPS, i'm thinking that i need to configured the interface fast ethernet of the AP as a trunk port, but the Hi-tron will work with that configuration.

Any ideas will be appretiated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back