Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO AnyConnect - URL instead of IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow4

Technical User
Jul 12, 2020
US
Hi all,
How to replace the Anyconnect Server Address with an URL. For example inseat of typing 192.168.34.40, use vpn.company.com.
Thanks

I assume that the IP address is just an example, as it is not routable on the Internet.
1. Get an external DNS and point to the IP address, i.e. vpn2.mycompany.net would resolve to <ip address of the anyconnect firewall>
2. Obtain an SSL certificate for vpn2.mycompany.net (example!) and install it on the VPN device, then associate it with the interface/service.

Adam Smith87 it is not what the person is asking. Ivacy VPN is yet another "privacy solution" for individual users. Anyconnect is a user VPN for remote access. Apples vs oranges.

Hi All,
Thanks for your input. @iggsterman can you give me more info? That is exactly what I’m trying to understand.
I have a Cisco ASA that I don’t know where the mycompany.vpn.com is configured.

1- where can I get the external DNS?

2- Where can I get the cert?

From what you are telling me there’s nothing that I have to configure on the ASA for that aside from the cert.

Thanks again

Hello Sparrow4,

1. If you have the domain registered, the registrar will have DNS services.
2. I do not know what country you reside in. In the US I'd try CheapSSLSecurity.com

If the VPN services are already configured and working then no, you won't need to configure anything on the ASA except the certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back