Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco announces its highest level certification ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiscoGuy33

Instructor
Oct 25, 2004
US
People,

I thought this would be of interest in a Cisco certification forum -

Cisco announces its highest level certification ever!

The new Cisco Certified Architect is a level above the CCIE and will marry engineering knowledge with business acumen........

Here is the story at Network World -

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

HOLY CRAP!!! Doesn't even begin to describe my thoughts on this.

whatever cisco....as if I was ever even going to get a ccie....you have to go and make one even higher.....like the ccie wasn't good enough....thanks

CCNA/NP=5 figures
CCIE=6figures
CCA=liar, liar, pants on fire

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

I'm gonna defend the CCA cert -- if any certification can be defended.
We have to credit the capability to fuse business requirements and needs with pure tech skills. An "architect" designing a wall has to consider not only the obvious requirements (strength, resistance to shock, aesthetics), but a lot of the not-so-obvious (greening, capital investment strategies, wholistic environmental effects, carbon footprints, security requirements, threat assessments, labor and project management constraints, subsurface loading effects, and ......)
Cisco gives lots of kudos and certs to people who know and support their technology when designing/building a network -- without necessarily understanding fully the business requirements of the entities involved in making a communications channel necessary, and then getting it implemented.
In other words - in a network infrastructure process, technology is a prerequisite enabler, but it's "only" 25% of the project. The other 75% is peopleware.

I'm actually ok with the new cert....but the price tag of $15k? Just seems insanely high to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back