Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Analog Gatway FXS Port to Valcom Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogg1

Technical User
Nov 3, 2008
US
Hi All,

We are migrating off our PBX and over to CUCM. In doing so, I'm trying to test our Valcom overhead paging system using an FXS port. The FXS port is connected up to a Valcom 9940(station Level page adapter) converting the fxs dial tone to 600ohm connection to the 9 zone paging controller. The problem I'm having is I can call it, I hear the paging controller tone, the page tone drops and the ring cycle starts again and eventually getting the pre page tone. Since this is working on our current AudioCodes Gateway(FXS Port), I don't think its a Valcom issue. I think its a configuration in the Cisco Analog Gateway. Has anybody come across this? If so, what was the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

I have hundreds of Valcom's hooked up to FXS ports without issue. Though i use a 9970...now its a 9972 i believe. But anyhow, sounds to me like the dipswitches on the Valcom arent correct. Youd have to reference the manual and maybe play around with it even to get it correct. But they do work just fine.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back