Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA on Win NT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyran

Technical User
Nov 30, 2001
US
I'm having difficulty getting a Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA wireless NIC to work on a Windows NT 4.0 machine (Gateway Profile). The OS recognizes the NIC, but the NIC cannot associate with the access point (also a Cisco Aironet 350).

The only changes out-of-the-box made to the configs is that I set the SSID on both the access point and the NIC to "test". The NIC worked perfectly on a Windows 2000 laptop, so I know the NIC is okay.

Has anyone used this equipment before, and can offer any advice? Thanks!

This may be overly simplistic, but my NT4.0 , SP-1 machine is working with an AP350 and a Cisco 350 ISA Client card. (I was unable to get the machine to recognize the PCI version of the card)
Here are the stats from the ACU (status) on the PCMCIA:

Firmware V5.25.05
BootBlock version : 1.50/ISA
NDIS Driver V6.10
Using short radio haders No
Authentication Type Open
Data Rate Auto Selection

The first time I loaded the drivers I mistakenly used the Win95/98 and it didn't work. Once I used the CDROM with the NT drivers, Its come up and stayed working
Good Luck

what service pack are you running? I have had issues with getting wireless to work at all on nt4 with anytyhing less than service pack 6. Another bonus is that service pack six gives you a device manager that can be very helpful.

jelly

I'm running SP 6a. I've actually figured otu the problem, and it's working now. I upgraded the firmware of the card and access point, and installed new drivers from Cisco. That seemed to fix it.

Thanks for your responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back