Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco Aironet 2600 and cisco 2960x

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzeneize10

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2015
DZ
hello;

is it possible to connect a cisco Aironet 2600 with a cisco 2960x so the switch power the access point.

thanks.

Absolutely as long as you have a POE capable 2960X switch

thanks whaykap,

The Cisco Aironet 2600 are good enough for wifi hotspot deployment in airport ?

i'm so lost with all those choices :

The Cisco Aironet 2600i Access Point: Indoor environments with internal antennas
● AIR-CAP2602I-x-K9: Dual-band controller-based 802.11a/g/n
● AIR-CAP2602I-xK910: Eco-pack (dual-band 802.11a/g/n) 10 quantity access points
● AIR-SAP2602I-x-K9: Dual-band autonomous 802.11a/g/n
● AIR-SAP2602I-x-K95: Eco-pack (dual-band 802.11a/g/n) 5 quantity access points

The Cisco Aironet 2600e Access Point: Indoor, challenging environments with external antennas
● AIR-CAP2602E-x-K9: Dual-band controller-based 802.11a/g/n
● AIR-CAP2602E-xK910: Eco-pack (dual-band 802.11a/g/n) 10 quantity access points
● AIR-SAP2602E-x-K9: Dual-band autonomous 802.11a/g/n
● AIR-SAP2602E-x-K95: Eco-pack (dual-band 802.11a/g/n) 5 quantity access points

if possible i want to know the difference between those AP.

thanks again.

Hi xzeneize10,

it's been alwhile since i've worked with wireless (So anybody if i'm wrong correct me), but i though it is something like this:

AIR-CAP.... For these access-points you'll need a wireless lan controller. On this controller is the configuration made which pushes it to the access points. The controller is the intelligence in this case (It does alot more than only congfiguration)

AIR-SAP.... These are stand alone access points which have each have to be configured manualy

....I has internal antennas. Used for easy open spaces

.....E has external antennas. If you got a "strange" enviroment so you can adjust the antennas or replace the default antennas with stronger ones or directional antennas

Dual-band = one acces point
Eco-Pack = Multiple accespoints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back