Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco ACS authentication using external RADIUS server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulprat

Technical User
Jan 31, 2012
US
Hi,

I would like to setup a Cisco ACS server in such a way that the authentication is performed by an external RADIUS server (whose settings would be provided in ACS) and ASA acts as an AAA client.
So, the scenario would be an end user would login using a VPN client (like anyconnect client or VPN client)and the request would be sent to ASA which forwards it to ACS.Based on the request, ACS sends it to the RADIUS server and sends back the response to ASA (basically the user attributes would be sent form RADIUS). User would login based on the response sent from ACS.

Could any please help me how to set this up. I have an ASA and ACS server, but how can ACS recognize that ASA is its AAA client and how does ASA recognize ACS as an AAA server?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back