Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 8831 with Wireless Mics - How long battery life??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelInMyBlood

Technical User
Apr 14, 2005
US
The specs say that the wireless microphone(s) for the 8831 will support up to an 8-hour call (assume fully charged). Fine, but my question is how long will the battery last if the mic is left turned on, but not in the charging base and not on an active call, say for example left laying on the conference room table overnight?

What I foresee is this becoming a potential support liability to ensure that the mics are put back on the charging base when not in use. Maybe we can task the janitors to do it after hours... :)

Of course you can turn them off, but that in itself takes a steady 10 secs of holding the button down.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Answered my own question by testing. If left out of the charging base overnight, the mic(s) will be dead within 8~10 hours.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back