Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 8811 IP Phone says Unprovisioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobo0605

MIS
Dec 4, 2003
US
Hello, Here's a little info about how things are set up. We are in the process of upgrading our cisco switches from 3350 to Layer 3 3650's. Our Callmanager's are version 9.1.2. I configured a new 3650 switch and connected it to the old switch to test my configurations. I connected an old phone and it worked perfectly. Up until now we just used the SCCP protocol but we ordered some 8811 phones which are sip. We had a contractor upgrade the device loads so the 8811 phones would be there. The problem is when I connect the 8811 phone it says Unprovisioned. The IP on the phone is correct and I can ping the phone. If I look at the status it says ITL installed but the Timezone cannot be downloaded. I'm not sure what the issue is. Also if there's some configs you would like to see I will get them.

Unprovisioned usually means that it can get to call manager via TFTP but it's not configured in cucm.
Double check your configuration setting in call manager, phone type and correct MAC address is usually the issue.
Does it show in cucm at all? as rejected?

I see the device in call manager but it just say's unknown under status. I can ping the phone and its says the phone is active and is trusted. Is there anything different in call manger you need to do when going from sccp to sip. We just started using sip phones and they seem to be the issue. Thanks..

does the phone get a TFTP address?
If so is it the correct address?

Is there a DN programmed on it? The 78xx and 88xx require a DN to register.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Embarrassing but I forgot to put an extension number. I reconfigured the phone so much that I forgot to do it. I appreciate all the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back