Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 871 Switchport 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthPanda

Technical User
Sep 17, 2012
AU
Hi Guys,

I have created two vlans and used to fe ports to switchport to them. However I can only get one of them to show when using 'show running-config' I am using the same method to switchport to vlan1, but only vlan2 show in the running config. Please see my running-config below. Thanks.

!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0
no ip address
shutdown
!
interface FastEthernet1
no ip address
shutdown
!
interface FastEthernet2
no ip address
!
interface FastEthernet3
switchport access vlan 2
no ip address
!
interface FastEthernet4
no ip address
no ip route-cache
shutdown
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface Vlan1
ip address 192.168.0.200 255.255.255.0
no ip route-cache
!
interface Vlan2
ip address 10.0.0.1 255.0.0.0
!
ip classless

VLAN1 is the default and doesn't show.

"Show run all" is meant to display the config including the defaults, but I just tried it then on a 2950 and a 7200 and it didn't work at all.

Tried it on a 6500 running 12.2(33)SXI4 and it DID work.
Can't say I have ever used "Show run all" before - I know Nortels used to "Show run all" by default which used to drive me nuts.

Thanks for your help. When I pinged the interface (which I should have done before) switchported to vlan1, it responded. It didn't occur to me that it was working even though it did not display in the running-config. The device has IOS 12.3 and I could not get 'show run all' to work. I could use 'show running-config full', but it still did not show vlan1. Oh well as long as it works. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back