Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 801 ISDN router doesn't boot IOS image properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron2k3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2003
PT
I have a Cisco 801 ISDN router that is acting strange... when i turn it on it enters the ROM Monitor mode...

i configured it with this command to boot the ios image:

>configure terminal
>boot system flash <ios_name>

it works good.. i do a &quot;reload&quot; and it boots properly... i turn it off and on and it boots also... but the strange thing is that when i arrived at the office.. i turned it on and it booted on Rom Monitor mode... strange thing not? or im missing anything? of course i saved the configuration:

> copy run start

any ideia? :)

Tron

If this happened only once, then it is possible that you accidentally hit the BREAK key while the router was booting. If it is happening repeatedly, check the CONFIG REGISTER settings. If it happens intermittently and it is not due to the BREAK key or the CONFIG REGISTER settings, you may have a hardware issue.

andf1

you need to check you config register settings to 0x2102. this will enable it to boot the configuration file. settings like 0x1f0 or 0x1 results in booting the switch into rommon mode. what level of ios are you using.

can you do a show running-config as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back