Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 7940 / 7960

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules1971

Technical User
Dec 15, 2011
GB
Hi all I need a bit of help wit cisco 7940 / 7960 phones. I need to be using a sip account which i have created. On initial investigation i believe the software has to 8.2 or above? (Please correct me if i'm wrong. The phones were on 7.2 so in the process of upgrading them to 8.2. Once this is done in configuration will sip information be able to be entered via the handset i.e authentication name, password of voip account, proxy address, preferred codec ? The handsets have already picked up info from the DHCP server.
I can also input the ip addresses into my browser and it connects to cisco and gives me the info of the phone etc but there does not seem to be anywhere to input this like Polycom soundpoint do. Again please correct me if i'm wrong.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back