Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 7900 phone as analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayhawk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2004
US
I just received a shipment of 7940s, 7960s, and 7970s but the Callmanager and Unity servers have not yet come in. I would like to replace the current analog phones on the desks here with the Cisco phones and use the existing PBX via the analog port on the back of each phone. I have searched extensively and played with the phones for a while now and have come up with nothing. Anyone out there know if this is possible and if so, how to do it? Thanks in advance.

thats not an analog port, its a RS-232 port for connected expansion modules..

DOH... should have looked closer, it says RS-232 right on the port. I thought there was a way to feed individual phones an analog line as a backup though... is this true?

You can do SRST which has the analog lines fed to it via a router with FXO ports.. but you can't run the analog lines directly into the 79xx phones..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back