Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 675 service change,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm sure it's an easy fix but my service provider doesn't know their, well anyway. I relocated from Denver to Tulsa & I need to know what needs to be changed on the modem for it to work with my new service provider?

That all depends on the new service provider in Tulsa. Normally, whatever you had it set for should work. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

You'll at the very least need to change your PAP (or CHAP) username and password if it's a residential account.

As Jeter intimated, it depends on the type of service, whether it's bridged or routed, encapsulation methods, etc.

Does your new service provider say that the 675 will work? If so, they should have a configuration cheat-sheet to help you set it up. If not, it still may, but with an unpredictable amount of determination required.

The biggest problem is that the Cisco 675 uses CAP encoding, rather than the more common, and now standardized DMT. As far as I know, only Qwest/USWest and Rhythms used CAP, and even they are phasing it out as no one, even Cisco, is making CAP DSL equiptment anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back