Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 6500 as Building Service Provider Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekinanotherlife

Technical User
Jan 3, 2015
US
I used to be good at this like 6 years ago and a friend asked if I could help him out and I think I'm in over my head.

We would like to set up a 6500 as a building service provider. We have a 1gig fiber line with a public /24 address space into the supervisor board. The idea is to chop that into a bunch of /29 addresses and have them assigned without natting to ports for the offices to attach their own router/firewalls. We want to apply rate limits to each subnet so they each get 100meg of the line.

We have a 6509 running the adventerprisek9 software with 2 supervisor blades and a 48 port blade. We will need ssh for management and there is a second isp we want use as a back up in case the main fiber goes down so we can troubleshoot. Eventually we would like it as a failover but that can wait.

It seemed like a fairly straight forward deal and I thought I might of had it but I have mucked it up pretty fierce.

I thought it would be a pretty common setup but I can't find any examples to even get me back on the right path.

Any and all help would be appreciated and an example config even if it's just a basic would be awesome for to at least start to build off of.

I can post whatever part of my config but it's probably not very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back