Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco 5505 switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello - I have noticed that my 5505 switch at least once or twice a month shuts itself down and then re-start itself again. i have supervisor III on module 1 and on module 3 the fw is 4.3(1) and sw is 4.3(1a), system bootstrap is 3.1.2. I am wondering if anyone has an idea why it shuts itself down and should i be concerned?? also if there is a solution that i could use - thanks

What error messages do you see when the switch shuts itself down? Does it restart itself, or does the supervisor just bounce? Do you see any tracebacks? What does your log show you? Have you checked for caveats according to the release of CatOS you are running and your firmware?

Try these for solutions

#1 bounce your supervisor during your maintenance window
I forget what the exact command is but do set module and then hit ? for more info

#2 reseat your supervisor engine during a maintenance window

#3 check to make sure your switch is not turning off because of some powersupply surge to it's powersupply

#4 make sure you are not being affected by any caveat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back