Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 4510R, adding WS-X4548-GB-RF45 line card ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinesjrh

MIS
Jan 4, 2005
US
I have a Cisco 4510R switch with dual Sup Engine V's (in slots 1 & 2), and currently five WS-X4548-GB-RF45 line cards (in slots 3 thru 7). I'm running 12.2(50)SG for the IOS level.

I've purchaed another of the same line card, and I'm wondering what I need to do to add it. I plan to power down the switch this weekend. Will the IOS just recognize the additional line card and ports as it powers up, and then I can configure the ports from there?

You do not need to power down the switch, just slide it in and the switch will detect it. All the modules on that switch are hot swappable/insertable. The only exception would be the compact flash cards that are in the supervisor modules themselves.

After placing the line card in the switch, issue a "show module" command. You should see the details of the new line card show up on that list.

After verifying the module is detected correct, you should see it's ports now in the running-configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back