Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 4507 Supervisor replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekControl

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2007
US
One of our 4507's has a bad supervisor engine (fragmentation error). We have a supervisor engine ready to replace, it is being used as a slave on a separate 4507. The slave has a current ios loaded into it. Retrieving the configs from the bad engine will not be difficult as well as placing them inside the slave without interferring with the master's configs. How can i see the loading information that tells me where the switch is gonna get it's configs and ios from?

Meaning when i look at a 3507 or 3524 and type show boot i can see where in the directory its gonna pull its files from. When you type the same command in a 4507 it makes you specify whether you wanna see (show bootflash: or sh bootvar). How can i tell when i replace the engine if its gonna take the configs i loaded?

If the replacement super is currently in another switch in the 2nd slot, you can do dir slavebootflash:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back