Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 4500 New Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmans

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2003
US
Hey all...I'm doing an install for a new Cisco 4503 in about a week and was wondering if there was anything special that you had to do for a new 4500? I've config'd them in the past, but not done a new install for a 4500. Anyhing I have to do to get it to boot into the IOS, or does it do it automatically? Anthing special about inserting the power supplies, supervisor modules, and blades? Any and all input is greatly appreciated...thanks !!!

Do it right the first time, and there won't be a second time!

It should come all ready to boot . It will probably come all assembled , if not just put the sup card in slot1 and the other cards where you want them , install power supplies and power it up and config it .

That’s a great piece of hardware. Is it the only switch on the network? If others are there I would make the 4500 the main switch/router. Use VTP and configure it as the VTP domain server after you setup the VLANs if they exist on the network already. If it’s a new network or full cut-over to the new equipment it’s a great opportunity to get the ball rolling in the right direction. I use two 4506’s on my distribution layer. We have 3750s on the access layer and our LAN has been rock solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back