Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 4500 certain IP addresses blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSATECH

Programmer
Aug 7, 2007
US
last friday our 4500 began to 'disallow' certain IP addresses to do anything IP related. they cannot ping the router, use the internet, nothing, but they CAN map drives and function on the intranet. it is not limited to a certain range, just a random bunch. even some who have wireless are either lucky or unlucky in this regard.

someone said we may have been hacked, but i have no idea where to look.

incidentally, this was just about the time when our working internet connections were displaying a cryptic "f*** th3 w0rld" title bar.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
ron

It certainly sounds like a virus , i doubt its a 4500 problem . I would start by making sure all your AV are up to date on your pc's and run them on suspect machines. If they have an unwanted title bar then it sounds like the pc's have been infected or the like.

Post the running configuration of your 4500 assuming it does the routing in your network as well. You are giving us no information to really do anything with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back