Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 3524 Startup Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiteice27

Technical User
Jan 14, 2005
US
I've purchased a cheep 3524 for about $200, hoping i could fix it. Little more problem then its worth.

Its a Ccisco 3524 that has a start up problem. It's like the power is going on and off. The fan will start for a split-second and the lights will light up at the same time -then they will all go off for a spit-second, and then back on agian. any info any one ?

A little more detail i forgot to add is that this is a Cicso WS-C3524-XL-EN so its an XL just to get that clear,

I dont know if its been struck by lighting, or bad flash or what. I'm a little clueless on this one.

I remeber some one saying, these switches have life time warranties. These transferable? i bought this switch off a friend. If the warranty is transferable and the switch is not repairable, would cisco replace it?

matt

Doesn't matter who owns it, they really can't track it that well.. only thing they'll know is it was sold to a distributor..

call up tac, give em the serial # and they should replace it for you.. they won't advance ship it though.

BuckWeet

What ever you do don't tell them you are not the original owner. TAC will stop you dead in your tracks, like your switch.

Worst case scenario you can purchase an Advanced Replacement contract for the switch for under $100 and then TAC will replace the unit for you, and over night at that.

Kurt

That switch has a lifetime warranty though, so you can say it's yours and it's not working... It will probably take 1-2 weeks.... Otherwise you can purchase a SmartNET contract and get it replaced quicker like BuckWeet suggested.

If you read the terms of the Limited Lifetime Warranty it is only for the original owner. Cisco is trying to crack down on the used market that is outside of their control.

It does have a Limited Lifetime Warranty, that's why I recommend not saying that you are not the original owner.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back