Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 3002 Hardware Client behind a linksys router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecdave

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2007
US
I'm having issues setting up a Cisco 3002 VPN Hardware client behind a Linksys Wireless G Mobile Broadband Router.

I'm using the Wireless G Mobile Broadband router as a backup solution to our T-1 Internet Connection.

The remote office where the T-1 is located has no DSL access, so I wanted to try the Mobile Data card in a linksys router as a backup solution

Meanwhile, the Linksys Wireless G Mobile router functions flawlessly when a laptop is connected to it. However, when I connect the Cisco 3002, it doesn't seem to route past the gateway (Linksys Router). I can ping the Linksys Router (10.1.0.1) IP from within the Cisco 3002, but it won't route beyond the gateway IP. I am using private IP addressing on the Linksys Router, and it's handing a private IP to the Public Ethernet connection on the Cisco 3002.

In summary, the Cisco 3002 is sitting behind the Linksys router, and all (8) of the workstations in the remote office would be plugged into the Cisco VPN 3002.

Any and all suggestions would be most appreciative. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back