Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco 2950 password backdoor problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam7ra

Technical User
Apr 25, 2011
US
I have a cisco 2950 switch that I bought from ebay and the switch came with original config on it so I tried to bypass by pushing the mode button until it flashes amber on and off at which point I got
switch: I then entered flash_init followed by help_loader followed by dir flash:
I then did as the cisco download told me to do and did a-
switch:rename flash: config.txt flash: config.old
after which it would tell me that there was no such directory. I know that config.txt is in the directory because it is there when I did the dir flash: command. I do not know why but every time I tried to use this command I get this also below the command line.
rename <config.new> <config.old>. I believe that the switch is just defective because I have done the same thing with another 2950 switch I bought from ebay and had no problem rename the config.txt file the first time. I have tried at least 20 times all with the same result. Anyone else out there have any suggestions besides sending the switch back?
Thanks,
jam7ra

can you post dir flash:

please.

thanks,

We must go always forward, not backward
always up, not down and always twirling twirling towards infinity.

The file is config.text NOT config.txt.

rename flash:config.text flash:config.old

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back