Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2929 rebooting after LED Test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakiraun

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2000
CA
Subject line pretty much tells all - it does the first test, a LED test, then reboots, and keeps doing that over and over until you unplug it. Any ideas? (it was working fine just over a week ago).

You more than likely have figured this out by now. I just had the same issue related to Code Red. Disable the web interface with: no ip http server

Nope... that won't work because you can't get any further than the led test. You turn it on, and it happens within a second or two of power - pretty much screws up your ability to do anything else. We've still not figured out what happened.

Did you disconnect your network connection from this switch before you directly connected by the console port with your laptop or pc? If so, then I may have to research this further to try to help

Yes, everything was disconnected. We ever tried swapping out every conceivable part with another 2929 to identify the problem. The Sup. card itself seems to be the culprit, but that's the most we can derive from this.

If you are really desperate you could just pull the power and then press and hold the "Mode" button in while powering it up. Hold this for about 15 sec. and then relase. This should clear sys conf.

ARG... well, first, there's no MODE button on it, second, I goofed - it's a 2926. I've tried using the reset button (which you can hold down using a pen tip), but that didn't resolve the issue either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back