Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2911 and AT&T 3xT1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAROST

Technical User
Jan 13, 2011
US
Recently we had AT&T install a 3xT1 in our company. We are having issues getting it configured on our 2911.

Here is the scenario the line in from AT&T is a single line according to AT&T tech the 4.6 MB connection is on the one line.

What interface card should I be using for this single line and how do I configure it.

Trying to get info from AT&T has been like pulling teeth.

If it's 3 T1s and a 4.6MB connection then they are bundled. What you need to know is if they are handing off 3 T1s to you or it's Ethernet handoff.
If it is Ethernet then you just need to connect it to one of you 2911 gigE interfaces. If it is T1s you will need 3 HWIC interfaces, probably a dual and a single module would be the way to go.
Without knowing what you are getting from ATT its all a guess.

At&the handed us one T1 interface. When they were here they tested that port and showed me that the signal was 4.6 up and down. Because of being a single port I thought it should go to the GigE port but the smart card would not get a carrier detect. When we plugged it into our T1 wicked then we have carrier detect. I see it that we should have 3 smart jack ports or a way to split the signal. Everything I have read is there should be 3 T1 ports.

A single T1 maximum speed is 1.54 mbps. Does ATT have a router installed on site? Was the tech connected directly to that router via Ethernet?

The tech plugged into the smart jack. So it sounds like I need 2 more smart Jackson. To have my 3 T1 ports.

Don't you just love speech-to-text/autofill?

ip access-list extended IP-Options-and-Powerball
deny ip any any winning-powerball-ticket
permit ip any any option any-options
!
class-map ACL-Options-and-Powerball
match access-group name IP-Options-and-Powerball
!
policy-map CoPP-POLICY
class ACL-Options-and-Powerball
drop
!
control-plane