Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco 2821 interface stops functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

volk125

Technical User
Jul 10, 2003
CA
I have a 2821 router with a 4-port fastethernet module. I am using 2 of those module ports, one (0/0/0) for VPN, other (0/0/1) for MPLS network. Everything works fine and no problems. I notice that usually after the weekend I come in and the interface connected to the private MPLS network is not functioning. When I check the interface it is up, duplex and speed are set manualy to 100/full, there are no collisions and errors. I do not see anything strange in the debug logs. The keepalives are set to 10sec. I can ping it's own IP but cannot reach the gateway. Basically the interface is just not working but it shows as if it's fine. Maybe I am missing something.

I have to shutdown the interface and then bring it back up and then it starts sending and receiving packets again. After that I can ping all the gateways and everything works just fine.

What could it be? can someone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back