Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2811 with two HWIC ADSL Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavromatidis

Technical User
Apr 2, 2010
GR
Hi,

We have a cisco 2811 that now has two HWIC ADSL Cards. Until now we used only the first ADSL Card using an ADSL connection from an ISP (A-ISP). This connection has 8 static public IP addresses and one of them is configured on the G0/0 interface of router. Our's company Web site and mail server exists on the company's LAN using two IP adresses from the previewsly mentioned pool.
Internet speed needs, led us to by another ADSL connection from a different ISP (B-ISP). This connection uses dynamic IP address.
We would like to configure both connections to our Cisco router and redirect users web traffic only from the second connection.
A-ISP connection uses Dialer2 with static Public IP address.

default route on router is:
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer2.
I configured the second ADSL connection creating a new dialer, dialer0 successfully. Then I configured the following commands on cisco:
conf t
ip address-list extended HTTP-REQ
permit tcp any any eq www
ctrl z
conf t
route-map HTTP2Vivo permit 10
match ip address HTTP-REQ
set interface dialer0
ctr Z
conf t
interface G0/0
ip policy route-map HTTP2Vivo

but Web traffic uses again first ADSL connection (A-ISP).
Can someone help us?
Thanks in advanced.

Hi, I am no expert in using route-maps,I have just posted a question about using them my self but i have been reading up on them.

First test that you can ping external addresses on dialer0 using the command

ping source Dialer0
if this comes back timed out you might need to mess with your routing table a bit

am i right in thinking you are using NAT on ISP-B (dialer0) if not you might be able to get your config working by adding the following:

int Dialer0
ip nat outside

int g0/0
ip nat inside
no ip policy route-map TTP2Vivo

ip nat inside source route-map TTP2Vivo interface Dialer0 overload

Hope this helps a little (check my post there might be some usefull links an info in there regarding your question)

Thanks

Chill

p.s. i could be wrong save your config before!!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back