Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2621XM FailOver - T1 and Wireless - EIGRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiscoGuru01

Technical User
Jun 5, 2009
US
I have a customer that has a dual connection T1 and 900Mhz wirless in the same 2621XM router with a WIC1T. It also has a .248 router to each Interface IP of the router so that when the failover occurs the subnet will still pass traffic. The T1 is primary in which I have an SLA to ping the gateway with default routes to both and the wireless is weighted. That part forks fine, when I shut down the Int on the T1 router (The Gateway Interface not the one on the router in question) the fail over kicks in and works fine. The problem lies when the T1 comes back up. In normal operation the subnet on the wireless side is learned by EIGRP, when the failover kicks in it becomes a static route that is wieghted on the wireless router. When the T1 comes back up I would suspect that the wireless would then recieve the Hello Packet from EIGRP and then switch back to being learned by the routing protocol rather that stay a static route. A

ny Ideas why this is not flipping back to EIGRp after the T1 comes back up?

Because the static has the lower metric. You need to make it a floater or something...let me think about that...like maybe redist static or something...

/

Currently

router eigrp 9000
redistribute connected
redistribute static
network 216.138.6.224 0.0.0.3
no auto-summary

Yeah the metric is way higher but the distance for EIGRp is 170 I have it weighted at 200. EIGRP should route by shortest distance right? If the default route is not found then the next highest distance would be selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back