Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2620 Multiple DHCP Pools 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2004
US
I have a Cisco 2620 with a four port ethernet card installed and I would like to setup two DHCP pools and assign the Pools to different ethernet interfaces. I have setup DHCP on Cisco routers before only using one scope but I do not know how to setup a specific pool on a defined interface and not have them overlap with one another. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just setup the pools like you normally would with each one having a different network address. Then bind an address from each pool to the appropriate ethernet interface. The IOS will determine which pool to use based on the interface ip addresses where it received the dhcp request packets.

IE if you have pools

ip dhcp pool 10
network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0

and

ip dhcp pool 11
network 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0

and

fa 0/1
ip address 10.0.1.1 255.255.255.0 <--- DHCP requests received on this interface would use the ip dhcp pool 11 to hand out addresses from. Fairly straight forward. i do on a trunked connection i use to route between vlans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back