Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2611 Router IOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alterac

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
CA
Hello,

I recently purchased a Cisco 2611 Router off of ebay.

I found out that the router has no IOS on it, someone has deleted it.

I can get into rommon and have it connect with my tftp software but I need the actual IOS Image so that the router can be used.

Please do not ask me to do a Open Case or anything like that because My account only has Guest privalages and cannot do that.

Could someone give me a URL where I could legally download this software?

Thanks

- Bill McDonald

what IOS are you looking for?

I can help

BuckWeet

I dont really know which one I want.

All I want to do with my router is a NAT with port forwarding/blocking and ip/mac blocking.

If any of them are easyer to configure it is best because I have the simple 2611 with no expansion cards or anything. Just eth0/0 eth1/1 aux + console.

If there is one with a built in dhcp client or server that would be preferable.

- Alterac

I'm in the same boat as Alterac.
I have a 2501 and a 2524. the 2501 has 12.x, the 2524 has 11.x

Does cisco do anything for people studying for cisco certs?

It would be nice if I could legitimately download latest IOS. I am not making any money off of it, just trying to pass the exams, and learn the os.

Can I download the IOS off the 2501 to tftp, then xfer from tftp to the 2524 to upgrade it?

yo dreegodd,

you can tftp the ios off the 2501 and use it on the 2524, thats the cool thing about Cisco. Most vendors dont allow you to do that. They only allow tftp to, not from. Though I dont know what feature set you are using on the 2501, but give it a shot!

stoney

Thanks stoney...i will give it a shot after I get more memory for the router.....
thanks!

Ok, well Ive got a cisco Documentation CD, that came with a switch that was at work.. I got the whole package thing.

Does that have an IOS on it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back