Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2600 Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossco6

MIS
Jan 14, 2004
GB
I've just reclaimed an old 2600 router which was going spare and have decided to have a play around.

It only has Ethernet port on it. If I wanted to use it to connect 2 LANs, it is my understanding that I would need to buy an additional module for it, is that correct?

I take it that I can't configure the AUX or any of the ISDN BRI ports for Ethernet? Just a thought.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ross

You are not going to be able to use the AUX or console ports for ethernet (they are serial).

For multiple VLAN's on one interface you are going to want to setup a trunk connection. To accomplish the trunk you are going to need to have a FastEthernet interface if the router you have is Ethernet (10 Mbps only) then you will need a network module with a FastEthernet interface.

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat and wrong" -- H.L. Mencken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back