Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2511-RJ Ctrl-Shift-6, x Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctech64

Technical User
Jul 16, 2009
US
Hello All;
I have set my 2511rj as an access server and can telnet to my R1. Problem was when I used the break sequence to go back to access server I just can.
R1 is using 10.0 Version of the IOS. I don't know how to post a show version of it. I'm using Hyper Terminal from Windows Vista Ultimate, where Telnet is configure as a server and client. The connection to the 2511 goes from a USB port from my machine direct to the console port of the access server; I have google the hell out of this issue with no luck!
The transport is set to all on the 2511; I might be missing something.
I'm just starting my CCNA and I do not have much hands on experience in this particurlar area.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance to all

Well Ok;
I solved the problem; I was doing it wrong; to go back to the access server while, lets say in R1. press Ctrl and shift at the same time and then the number 6 key, release all keys and then press x!!
I google about this for hours and came to discover it by myself !! none of the posts I read actually explain how to do it steps by steps,kind of spell it word by word, action after action!
It is a world of diference for a person like me who is new to all this, the spelling word by word thing!! lol

pctech64,

You said -
"R1 is using 10.0 Version of the IOS."

If you are going to use 2500 routers - max them at 16 FLASH and 16 DRAM (Anthony Panda) and then put a 12.3 IOS on them so that you get used to a more current IOS than 10 or 11 :)

You can get IOSs for these 2500 fairly easily!

Just some thoughts ....... hope they help!!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

I'm in the middle of shopping some memory; I also have like 5 2524s ; I can't make of any use for my lab and I'm thinking just selling them; with the 2 2501s and the 2511 should be enough to implement a CCNA lab, by the time I reach CCNP, i'm sure I'd be more prone to have gotten 2621XMs, thus my current 2620s sustituting the 2500s!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back