Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2106 WLAN Controller DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingerthedog

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2006
US
I have a Server 2003 machine setup as a DHCP server on our network. When I get a DHCP address through the WLAN controller and do an ipconfig /all it shows the DCHP server as 1.1.1.1 instead of 192.168.0.x, is this a normal Cisco thing or did I miss a setting on the WLAN controller?

Hi bingerthedog

This address is on the WLC?

The WLC has multiple interfaces, of which one is the virtual interface. The CCNP certification guide (I've got my nose stuck in it) says this:

"Virtual interface:- A logical interface used to relay DHCP requests from wireless clients. A bogus (but unique) static IP address is assigned to this interface, so that clients will see the virtual address as their DHCP server. All WLCs within a mobility group must use the same virtual interface address."

This is set to 1.1.1.1 by default, and it should only need to be changed if there is more than one mobility group in your network.

EB

Thanks, so it sounds like it should be set to 1.1.1.1, I'm not sure what mobility group refers to. There are two IP addresses assigned to the WLC, 192.168.0.3 and 192.168.0.4, the .3 is the managing address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back