Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1941 will not allow Sip trunks to register

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdmneil

Programmer
Jan 11, 2011
GB
Hi All,, I've done a fair bit of Googling but most of the answers I find relate to MN3300 Sip trunks terminating on a Cisco Call Manager. My problem is when using a TP-Link Safestream router the sip trunks on a Mitel 3300 (Rel 4.2) register and work all ok. We're changing out the Safestreams in the network as the VPNs regularly drop and lock up. I've put in place a cisco 1941 which is running IOS security firewall and various ACLs for security. It is exactly the same ip address and subnet as the Safestream but the Sip trunks will not register. There is full connectivity to the internet to all other devices. It is currently on a flat lan with no vlans in place. The 3300 can ping the sip registrar. I've used "no ip nat service sip udp port 5060" to disable sip alg. I've also tried the Cisco without inbound / outbound ACLs and no Firewall and the 3300 will not register. As soon as I put the Safestream back on it registers no problem. It's definitely a Cisco issue. Has anyone here had any similar experiences or advice? Sipgate is the carrier.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back