Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1921 default username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddx4

Technical User
Aug 9, 2007
US
I have a Cisco 1921 ISR that I have performed the Initial Config on. After logging in with the factory username/password combo of cisco/cisco, i changed the secret password. After a save of the running config to the startup config and a reboot, I now can't login. The reason I can't login is because I don't know the username the system will use by default. I didn't set it and none of the standards seem to work. I thought it would be blank but I have to put something in.

Anyone know what the default username would be to use the new secret password that was set? Admin, Administrator, cisco do not work.

The system tells you when you first log in that you MUST change the default username and password from cisco. If you didn't you have to perform the password recovery procedure and set a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back