Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1720 serial interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

emondo

Technical User
Nov 29, 2004
US
I troubleshoot circuit issues with client routers. Typically Cisco 1720's. I am curious if there are any useful commands to see specific errors incoming. I know that ARN routers have multiple commands to see CRC, BPV, etc... errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anything that would help troubleshooting the serial interface.

sh int s0" is always a good place to start. Bags of information there.

Chris.

Chris Andrew, CCNA, CCSA
chris@iproute.co.uk

I know that command. I am looking for something a little more efficient. Is that the only real command to use?

Don't know about this router but on the bigger routers you can use something like "show controllers Sx/x , where the "X" is slot and port numbers and this gives you some of the info you are looking for .

I am looking for something a little more efficient" ..

Please explain! The "sh interface" command shows you pretty much all the info you need to solve a majority of serial interface problems. I would say that it's pretty efficient.

Anyway, have a read here.
Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back