Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1720 Router Help: Lost Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaoboda

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2002
US
Howdy...

I was wondering if there is a way to retreive the passwords to my companies Cisco 1720 Router. I just started two weeks ago and during my first week, they had a server crash.

I got that back up, but we can't receive e-mail from the outside and I believe it is because the NAT mapping is from the old server.

Anyway, the previous admin didn't tell the Director the passwords to any equipment here and I desperatly need to get into it and get the password, or change the password without losing the current settings since I didn't set it up.

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip, I don't think I looked very clearly at the Cisco site, but that's what I was looking for as well.

Amazing how passwords get lost in the fray :).

Incidentally, do you know of any good web resources for newbies sort of thrown into the whole supporting Cisco routers?

I've done a little Google about, but keep coming up with advertisements for books and training camps.

:p

I still like Cisco Connection Online (CCO). It takes a little searching on your part, but you can find every technology that a Cisco product might touch. Having said that, you can suffer from information overload in a hurry. Perhaps you should pick up a good CCNA book and read through it even if you aren't interested in the cert.

If you decide you just want to go the web route, I'd talk to your local Cisco account manager and see about getting a login. You'll get access to better stuff that way. Also, places like this are a great place to learn by proxy. I've learned more here, at Cisco Networking Professional Connection, and Group Study than from any book or white paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back