Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1710 IPSec tunnel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst3k

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
US

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.. I need to setup our side of a IPSec tunnel on our cisco 1710, but I do not know how to add our source IP to the config, as in I've got:
1 Public IP of router
1 Internal IP of server that will be using the tunnel
1 an otherwise unbound public IP that I need to associate to the servers internal IP.

I've seen a lot of docs that describe how to setup the ipsec part, and I think I can muddle through that hopefully, but I don't get where to add and associate this public><private IP.

Both interfaces on the router are already using nat, so I don't know if I can add another ip nat inside, outside thing?

I know there is plenty of documentation on this, so I don't want to sound lazy but it seems diecy on what I find applies to my situation or not, so I am hoping someone can get what I mean here and send me some relevant docs that are easy to follow, as I am sure you can tell I am not a cisco person :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back