Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1700 NVRam issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

launcehaught

Technical User
Feb 7, 2006
US
Hey there,

I have a cisco 1720, I set it up, have the running-config copied to startup-config.

I have saved the startup-config to the nvram, but whenever there is a power cycle, I lose the configuration. Not sure what is wrong with it, but it appears to just be failing out entirely.

I am using the copy command to write the files, and it reports success. I have upgraded the IOS to 12.3 and that update has remained so I assume that the nvram is good, but I am stumped.

Thanks!

Typical item from show version

Configuration register is 0x2102

If set for example to 0x2142 it will not boot correctly as this is password recovery boot method

In global config enter
router(config)#config-register 0x2102
exit
write

Ok, this may well seem a stupid question, but how do I get to the global config?

On second thought, nevermind, I was having a bad case of morning slow thinking... I got it finally, works perfectly, thanks folks.

--L

Hi people ... I have the same issue with a cisco 1841 router when I re power up the unit the config has been removed .. any idears guys

thanks
Dan

Do a show version and see how it is set to boot. Most common is 0X2102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back