Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1605R

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsys

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hi,

Got a Cisco 1605R router from Ebay.

It has two ethernet interfaces and a WAN interface. My purpose is to use it between two internal LANs. And I am trying to get static routing setup for that. But the problem is, it doesn't have the 'ip route' command!.

The IOS version is 12.0(3)T. Could it be a problem with the version?..should I upgrade?.

your suggestions are very much appreciated.

thanks, folks.

thank you for your response.

I am in indeed in the config mode.

I also tried 'ip ?' and in the listing 'route' is just not there. This is why I thought it may be an IOS issue.

I double-checked to see if the interfaces and line protocol was up. It is. Another thing, when I type 'show ip int e0', or 'e1' all I get is a blank line.

Check the configuration, has ip routing been turned off with the NO IP ROUTING statement?

Failing that, post the output from SH VER, may indicate what you actually have got?

The issue has been resolved!. It was an incorrect boot setting in the configuration register as a result the router was booting into some other mode (which incidentally looked just like the normal mode).

Changed the config register to 2102 and that solved the problem.

Thank you for all your replies.

you don't need static routing to route between 2 lans on a 1605

as long as the correct default gateway is set on the pc's and the interfaces are up. the routes are directly connected and already in the router's routing table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back