Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1601 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

pointer434

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2003
US
During an ill fated password recovery on a Cisco 1601 Router I put in a wrong statement for a register setting. I assume that this is my problem but as of now, the router will not reboot and all I see is a blank screen in HyperTerminal.

The recovery instructions call for putting in the "confreg 0x2142" at the rommon prompt. Instead, I put in "confreg 0x3142" and she froze at that point. Rebooting the router has no effect; all I can see through HyperTerminal is a blank screen with a blinking cursor. It is totally unresponsive to any typing on my part. No boot sequence at all...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pointer

Pointer,
Looks like the config register setting 0x3142 has set the router console speed to 1200. Try changing your serial baud rate to match 1200. Be sure to reload the router before trying to re-connect via Hyperterminal.

JimmyZ

I have ever such a problem:

After I turn off my router for more than half an hour and reboot, it will not work(even the power ok led turn to down). But it will auto load after 2 days or more with the power switch on. I doubt if there is a rechargable battery in the power unit and the unit will work only after the battery is charged with enough voltage.Is there a hardware engineer ? :)

Simon Yu
CCNP

JimmyZZ

You are da man!!!!!!!!!!!! Setting the baud rate to 1200 did the trick.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

I love you guys

Pointer

Hsh2Hsh

Thanks for the info. I will save this for future use.

Thanks agian,

Pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back